I'm Finally on Spotify and iTunes! (Signed with Distrokid) + Bravest Hits Album!


Just as all hope was lost due to the Bandcamp payout incident I mentioned in the earlier post, an old friend who now has an artist name Astra King offered to help me get my music on Spotify and other stores instead (which has been my life-long dream before, but was afraid to do it). 

Lo and behold - Distrokid. They helped me distribute my songs as the artist Kazaki on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon and other stores!

So what exactly is Distrokid and how is it different from CDBaby, Tunecore and other labels?

About Distrokid


Distrokid costs $19.99 (or 20 USD) a year, which is a tad cheaper than the two mentioned services. Much like Bandcamp, it's pretty indie-friendly but still has standards when uploading, since we all know how strict mainstream store distribution would be, but that's fine! As long as my music gets to more audiences for a small price (roughly Php 1,000 a year, which is definitely okay), it's going to be a great way to market my music!

Back then, I was really afraid to get into such services because of the "fear of mainstream standards" and "what if no one listens to my music"? But learning from Bandcamp, many people would actually pay to support my music, and that's very motivating. 

Plus I realized that, if I do use Spotify as a music distribution method, since it's so immensely popular (and launched Drake to fame), I figured that to get more listeners, I really do have to invest on a popular service.

Bandcamp was a great service, make no mistake about it. However, maybe it's time to step up my game a little bit, since 11 years being a ghost is enough. Enough is enough - time to hopefully shine!

So if you want to check out my artist pages on the different stores, here they are:


Bravest Hits! Compilation Album


Along with my Distrokid + Spotify + iTunes distribution thing, I also managed to finally release my compilation remaster album called "Bravest Hits"! It's made up of 31 songs that are mostly from my different eras, from 2007 up to 2018. Think of it as a big "greatest hits" thing.

Here's the music video / animation for "Find Myself":


Listen to the album on the following stores:

Spotify | Amazon | iTunes | Tidal | Deezer


Thank you very much!!

Comments