Bandcamp Payout Issues

Okay, heads up to my listeners who want to buy my music on Bandcamp, please read the following. I was hella scammed.



I made a full discography sale last June (processed in July), and I don't know why this is written in my payment summary:



Bandcamp, Inc. has sent you $121.37 USD.
Transaction ID: 5NJ19547GC5724124    4 June 2018

What is Digital Reversal? Does that mean there was a problem with the buyer? But I was able to receive the money from PayPal a long time ago and transferred the money to my bank.

After that, I was able to receive money from Bandcamp just fine, until two recent transactions are on hold:




I wanted to know if is a problem with the full discography transaction. Is Bandcamp using my recent sales to deduct from the 122 USD? What happened to the original buyer? Was there a problem with the transaction or credit card?

I tried contacting the person who bought it: Charles Hammed (charles.hammed@hotmail.com) but his e-mail is no longer found


This sucked big time because this will affect my future payouts.




I saw a Bandcamp article requiring artists to have a Business PayPal account, but unfortunately, I can't convert mine to a Business Account for some unknown error. I can't change my business name to a different name other than my real name on the bank account because I only have one PayPal-capable bank account.

This was not the problem - basically the guy who bought my full time discography was a scammer.

The biggest misfortune is that, as an invisible artist:
  • I only make 1-2 sales per 6 months
  • I'm having very serious financial problems due to lack of sufficient work salary
  • I used the $122 USD to support my little brother's tuition fee for senior high school
I'm very much thinking of moving my music to Spotify sooner or later. It's very hard because you can't really control who purchases your music on Bandcamp, so they might scam you later. It's horrible for me, and I'm sure it will be horrible for many other indie artists.


So for my final word:

Please DO NOT buy my stuff directly on Bandcamp until further notice. Pay me directly via PayPal on kazaki2103(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll send you the songs/albums directly via e-mail. This was a very horrible experience. :(

I switched to Distrokid! Hehe

Comments