I got featured in Business Mirror!

Among the different Pinoy artists, I'm featured in BM's SoundStrip section! O:
It's been a while since I've updated my official blog. Here's big news: I got featured on a local newspaper, Business Mirror! They reviewed my EP “LUNA”, the 7th part of my Colorless Being series. Check out the article here.

The interview was a fun experience, and it was my very first time to be actually interviewed for something. For those who don't know about my LUNA music video yet, here it is:


LUNA is the 7th part of the Colorless Being series, focusing on a new character named Luna, as he traverses through his own planet, and finds a connection with Colorless Being.

The Colorless Being Series is a series of stories I made through her albums and EPs. It follows the story of Colorless Being and its journey throughout the worlds and universes. All artworks that have been produced for the series were made in Adobe Flash, to commemorate the '90s style of animation.

Business Mirror is one of the most reputable news sources in the Philippines - usually only found in convenience stores and not so often from street vendors. As the name implies, it is mostly read by businessmen. The SoundStrip section features mostly indie bands, and to my surprise, even Orange & Lemons, which is a pretty famous Pinoy band behind the hit "Pinoy Ako", the first theme song of Pinoy Big Brother.

Therefore, I was greatly surprised at how a completely unknown bedroom producer like me who just randomly uploads music on Bandcamp and animations on YouTube was found by the section writer, Mr. Tony Maghirang. A big thanks to you, sir! 

My mom made the news article into a lifetime achievement award. :D
For the first time, I received unexpected praise and support from my family and friends. Every time that some customers and locals come to our house, my parents tell them about this "lifetime achievement" that I've made. This is history in the making, folks. ' u '



While my previous Unang Hirit feature for an original AlDub song (link defunct oTL) was on national TV, I didn't get an interview shot there and my animation and song just plays throughout the feature. That is also an achievement, alongside my LaMB feature from around 2009 (the website page from the post is now defunct, but I have the physical contracts on my portfolio).


To be honest, I have already given up on this so-called "becoming famous" agenda. I have gladly accepted that I'm going to be a workforce in the country as a freelance writer to support my family financially because that's the reality I have to face (don't we all?).

But with this opportunity, I’m so happy! This is one giant leap for Enidouka and Lost Utopia to be known to the world! 

You can check out more of Colorless Being's adventures in this playlist.

Comments