Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Success Story of Yaya Dub


Dubsmash isn't my thing basically because I'm a very camera-shy person. I can perform on live concerts and on stage but not in front of the camera.


But here's what I have to say about Maine Mendoza a.k.a. Yaya Dub or Queen of Dubsmash Philippines, since like I said, Dubsmash is not my thing and I think she deserves some praise (I'm only bitterly insecure towards people who can do talents that I can also do myself, like making music).

Yaya Dub's talent is considered a talent because it's not everyday you can just randomly move your lips and make awkward facial reactions and still look fabulous. I know I don't really come in good terms with instant fame people from the Internet but I think Yaya Dub will be an exception because she's not one of those generic, cliche SINGERS or COVER ARTISTS that are like minions in this world.

I do lipsync myself but only when I listen to music and only privately because most of the time, I don't want to bother people with my ugly singing voice so I just lipsync the lyrics when I feel like it. 

I also had a lot of trauma in the past and people are always talking behind my back everytime I sing something, moreso because I often sing Japanese lyrics and sometimes other foreign languages (and people think singing Korean is NORMAL). They think I'm weird, which I am, but sometimes it's really frustrating especially in public places when you hear this song or feel insanely awesome and want to sing this song and, ugh, you know. 

So I just lipsync secretly and feel as if I'm in a music video. I can sing but I'm not proud of my voice, even if I do make music and sing on them.

But being able to do it in front of a camera is something I can't do. I have confidence in making speeches and voice acting sometimes but showing my awkward face is a big no. So props to Yaya Dub for having the JUST RIGHT amount of confidence and great timing even on live television (GMA-7 Eat Bulaga), unlike some mainstream women I know....

Random, here's an original song I made about Yaya Dub and Alden, otherwise known as AlDub (#AlDub)!


Anyways, that's pretty much what I have to say about Yaya Dub. I hope she succeeds in her career because I think she has something more than just lip syncing: she's a natural born comedian, and comedians last WAY longer in the industry compared to most beauties and hunks who have only a little talent.

Not to mention, she looks kinda like my college friend, Hazel. :)

BONUS: Here's my newest article / blog post about AlDub (Alden x Yaya Dub!)
Also, I did a mini edit video of Yaya Dub and Alden Richards!



Check out my Ryzza 8bit / chiptune remix

Check out my Ryzza PC game (scroll down)

I make commercial parodies:

No comments: