Wednesday, May 20, 2015

DIY Mike the Microphone (Ask DHMIS Audio OC)


So I got interested with the audio works of the talented Ask DHMIS Audio from Tumblr and because his OC, Mike the Microphone, looks pretty cool, I've also decided to a DIY Mike the Microphone, similar to my Tony/Sketchbook, Shrignold, Harry/Manny/Robin, Colin/Gilbert and Oats/Roy/Malcolm.

Here's the step by step process:

The first thing that I did was to get a nice straw and make it a stand, something like this.


Then, I painted some sheets of paper with gray for Mike's coating (head an stand).


I crumpled some paper sheets and put the dried coating to make Mike's head. (too lazy and too little time for papier-mache lol)


Since Mike was wobbling a lot, I put up a bigger base underneath.


Then, I drew the face! Kinda looks like Sketchbook but oh well. XD


Mike is almost finished in this stage, just need some hands. I added some details as well.


I rolled up some more painted paper sheets that I've done a while ago and made them into hands.


Here's the finished product - Mike the Microphone!


But wait! There's more! Here's Mike with Tony, and later on displayed in my mega multifandom shelf.


If I do have more time, I might also soon make Marty the Megaphone, his other OC. I had fun making a DIY Mike the Microphone! :D

Bonus: I did an animated PV for Ask DHMIS Audio's OCs! It includes Mike the Microphone, Marty the Megaphone and Ryan the Radio!

No comments: