Monday, December 29, 2014

Ozine Fest 2014 Highlights (Day 2)


This December 28, 2014, we went to Ozine Fest 2014 (Anime Figure Special) at SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City. Thought I'd share with you some highlights from day 2.

Me and my friends met up with my cosplayer friends from QC, Jake and Rhain (as Ayato and Tatara from Tokyo Ghoul). Although I didn't have enough time to put back my Ib costume from a Halloween event, I had fun just checking out the cosplayers and taking pics with them. Accompanying me is a new friend I made some months ago named Youkichi (she's a Vocaloid Utaite).

We got to meet Freddy Fazbear from Five Nights at Freddys!


We also got to see some really neat anime figures from Yu-Gi-Oh!, Vocaloid, Kuroko no Basuke, Shingeki no Kyojin, Watamote and others.







Check out these wonderful cosplayers we've met:












There are character cosplays from Tokyo Ghoul, Kingdom Hearts, Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan), Homestuck, Kyoukai no Kanata, Ib, Vocaloid and others. It's so nice that most of the cosplayers are easily approachable despite their total efforts in preparing their costumes.

One of the coolest thing about this event is that I met Enjelicious (visual graphic artist for Denny/HaveYouSeenThisGirl) and gave her (and for Denny too) the DnP/Voiceless chibis I made a while back. Just randomly found her in the comissions area, and now I'm more inspired than ever.



Our good friend, Peter, put up an awesome display of martial arts during the event. Before we knew it, everyone was taking pics of him!




Though we didn't find much Homestuck-related stuff on that day (though I saw some people wearing Troll shirts, e.g. Karkat/Cancer and horns), we found this guy who was obviously an HS fan.


When it was time to go, Jake and Rhain introduced us to their friend, Dia, and their stepsister as well.



After the event, our group went to Ayala Triangle Gardens to check out the cool Christmas light displays!





Last, but not the least, here are the souvenirs that we got!



The Kitkats were given by Jake, the Touka bunny mask necklace (from Tokyo Ghoul) was bought by Youkichi, I bought the Haruka Nanase and Jade Harley keychains and bought some snacks for my family back home.

Overall, Ozine Fest 2014 (day 2) was an awesome experience. Next time, we're hoping to join for day 1, since most of Youkichi and Kitsi (another Utaite friend)'s friends go for the singing competitions. I'm considering this as a personal Christmas gift for myself. Thank God that we were blessed with a lot of happiness, and see you on the next event! :)

No comments: