Sunday, December 14, 2014

EDM Universe Series vol. 1 (Year-ender 2014)

With 8 mashups this year (and the previous year), I'm happy to share you my collection of the EDM Universe Series, my original mashups of electronic songs!



Starting off as a random idea based from Madeon's "Pop Culture" mashup, I've also decided to make mashups on my own (even BEFORE I ever knew those Pop Danthology stuff). I did not start it to become popular or gain more views (in fact, it didn't have much views compared to my AMVs or other videos, and so it's kind of like posting original content as well). I mainly started it out of interest in mashups...just check out the video above and read the ending messages.


Because I totally love EDM (as we all know, BEFORE it got mainstream), I've decided to develop it as a standalone series from my other mashups. The series pieces are mostly made up of songs from my favorite artists: she (shemusic / Lain Trzaska), Madeon, Skrillex, Daft Punk, Zedd and other acts like deadmau5, Avicii, Icona Pop, Alesso, David Guetta, Zombie Nation, Eiffel 65, Above & Beyond, Krewella, Calvin Harris and mostly indie and new acts like Infected Mushroom, EZA, The Chainsmokers, Blood Diamonds, Seven Lions and others (most newer ones are from Spotify playlists). It also features non-electronic acts but have somehow electronic songs, such as Rico Blanco, Marina & the Diamonds, a few J-pop songs and soundtracks. Vocalists like Matthew Koma, Ryan Tedder, Sirah, Foxes and Ellie Goulding are present, too.

To further extend my series, I've also created original characters for each EDM mashup. Here are their individual profiles, all drawn by me:



Check out the full playlist here. Let's hope next year will be full of more awesome EDM stuff as well! 

Stay tuned for more compilations and year-enders by subscribing to my YouTube channel. Thank you!

Advanced Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

No comments: