Thursday, October 9, 2014

DIY Paige the Notepad and Tony the Clock (DHMIS)

As mentioned in the last post, I'm currently addicted to Don't Hug Me I'm Scared, so I made the two characters from the two episodes, Paige the Notepad (unofficial/fandom name) and Tony the Talking Clock.


My mom gave me a heap of scratch paper strips, so I've decided to use them to make these two adorable little things.

For Paige, I started off with this:


I cut them out and got "creative", pretty much. I used sign pens to color the pages and stuff. I taped everything together and stapled the pages. I also used drinking straws for Paige's arms (colored black with permanent marker). Here's what I ended up with:

Front View:


Back View:


"I use my hair to express myself" page 
(yep, those are ordinary sewing threads stuck to rolled tape):


The other pages:





And now for Tony, I also used the same papers for the clock head, and similar straws for hands and feet. Straws were also used for his clock hands. And again, I colored with sign pens and black permanent marker. I'm telling you, the clock hands were tough to make.

Front View:


Back View:


I might also try the puppets but I'll still think about how to make them. I might try Papier-mâché or something. But for the meantime, I'm happy with these two!

Also, I'm gonna updated you guys with a bunch of other DHMIS-related stuff I just made:

Anime Opening-Style MV:



Fanart: [1] [2] [3]


There's gonna be more to come, but this is what I did so far. Thanks for reading! :D

 Compilation Video:


No comments: