Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April Announcements and Updates

Lots of things have happened this past month (and the month before), so here's a summary of things:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Project: Restore QZN Release

 


For those who are waiting for this exploration game made in RPG Maker XP, the wait is over! This is a free game that's about Quezon Province, it's natural beauty, and quests to restore its lost culture! Download it here.

Summary: 
Many years after the present time, the Philippines has been devastated by a global phenomenon known as “disappearing cultures”, where people from a certain province or state suddenly disappear, and only those residents who are temporarily in another place could survive. One of the affected provinces in the country is Quezon Province. 

This is a free-to-download game developed by Kristel “Kazaki” Cuadra in 2014 using RPG Maker XP. It’s an exploration game that is also educational and promotes the tourism of Quezon Province.





Other links to check out:
Summary
Many years after the present time, the Philippines has been devastated by a global phenomenon known as “disappearing cultures”, where people from a certain province or state suddenly disappear, and only those residents who are temporarily in another place could survive. One of the affected provinces in the country is Quezon Province.

This is a free-to-download game developed by Kristel “Kazaki” Cuadra in 2014 using RPG Maker XP. It’s an exploration game that is also educational and promotes the tourism of Quezon Province.
- See more at: https://www.qzn.me/community/contributions/project-restore-qzn-game#sthash.uPoHsEc4.dpuf

20/Sketch Release

 


I've also released a new puzzle game in RPG Maker XP, called 20/Sketch. It's fairly short but depends on how you solve the puzzles in the game. Download it here.

Synopsis:
Animator and graphic artist Kei Futaba moves to a new town in Kyoto for his work at BorderFree studios, only to find a shocking mystery. There were rumors of a strange person making vandalism all over the place, and Kei sets out to unveil the truth behind this phenomenon. Seeing the weird chalk sketches written in various places within the town, he attempts to crack their code one by one.

Cosplay Zone at The Event Center, SM City Lucena

 


Last April 13, 2014,  I took part in a cosplay event at SM City Lucena, as Mirai Kuriyama (from Kyoukai no Kanata) with my fellow otaku Kitsi (well-renowned Vocaloid cover artist), also cosplaying Mirai but in the idol version. 

 
Backed up by my boyfriend, Champ Camba, who's also the lead developer of QZN.Me (one of the sponsors of the event) as the lead guitarist, we performed J-pop songs and enjoyed a wonderful world of cosplay in our hometown - something that I've always longed for since I was in grade school.

It was a great event. Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of that Slenderman cosplayer. XD

Added Sections on Kazaki's Games Page

 


Because I'm really enjoying making RPG Maker Games so much, I've added a couple of new sections to my game master list page (the links on the bottom), such as:
  • Extras/Omake - some random doodles and art I've drawn of my game characters
  • Game Fanart - awesome fanarts and contributions of people who have played my games
  • Coming Soon - list of upcoming games and brief descriptions

Reviews and LPs of My Games


I'd also like to give my thanks to those who did some great reviews and some LP (Let's Play) of some of my games:

Game Reviews

LPs

Let's Play videos made by Arturo Garcia on Youtube:



Again, thanks to all who are appreciating my original games! It really means a lot to me.

Premiere of Haikyuu!!

 

The much-awaited men's volleyball anime this April has finally aired, and I've started watching it as well. I'm pretty excited for this since I did kind of play volleyball in high school and college, but more of like this:

 
Based from the art style, it reminds me too much of Big Windup (the baseball anime) and also another anime I've started recently (but aired last year), Yowamushi Pedal, such that it's got a lot of cute characters and a heartwarming point of view on sports anime, despite the fact that it's Production I.G. (same studio as Kuroko no Basuke and Shingeki no Kyojin).

Take note, however, that the Mikasa volleyball brand is an official sponsor to this anime. Any bells ringing?

Just Started: Yowamushi Pedal

 


Since I've also done biking before, albeit not professional, just happen to know how to ride a bike, that's all, Yowamushi Pedal's gotten my interest and I've finally decided to start it (unfortunately, I've got more than 20 episodes to catch up on). But I think this anime is quite the thing to get me to go biking once again (since I wanna slim down, nvm). And it's got an awkward otaku main character.

Extra: Heartburn Thing

 

In case anyone didn't know, I had a serious case of heartburn last April 1 (yeah it's no April Fools, folks), so I was kinda taken to the doctor and took some medicine, as well as herbal stuff. This means, forever banned from Chowking, alcoholic drinks, carbon drinks, super-sour drinks, acid drinks, hmm, just about everything.

So I'm kinda forced not to skip breakfast anymore or eat too much. Maybe this is a sign that I should really slim down or ???

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you were kinda entertained with my announcements, and see you next month or whatever for more updates! :)

No comments: