Saturday, May 12, 2012

Tanduay First Five: Lucena

Let me tell you my experience from the said event on the title.

I was extremely hungry but due to the show already starting, I had no other choice but to go in with my friends. The security was extremely tight, but it was worth it, I guess.




We went up to the field. There were Tanduay stands and booths everywhere, and there were only a fewer people back then. We went near the stage to get a glimpse of what's happening.


Fortunately for my bf who is a hardcore Urbandub fan, the said band was going to play first. Gabby Alipe looked pretty cute in personal - he reminded me a bit of Aga Mulach when he smiles, or something like that. But it was sad news when he announced that Lalay Lim was rushed to the hospital and couldn't make it to the gig. So they (and we) sang our hearts for her recovery. Not to mention, firework displays are awesome.

The next band was Parokya ni Edgar. Chito Miranda wore a hat and was a true hit with the audience. He even picked up one of the girls on the front to sing "Pangarap Lang Kita" in duet style - impromptu. Also, their member Vince couldn't make it to the event, so Chito had to do a monologue in "The Yes Yes Show".

Before Rico Blanco came up next, we've decided to move to the back because of the starting moshpits. But even with that, we could still see Rico's moves and powerful voice + riffs. No wonder he's still a big hit even in solo career - and it fits him well. However, when he sang "Liwanag sa Dilim", it was a totally different version. I wonder why. But when he played "Yugto", now I really want to cover the song - in neo-classical style.

Next up was the Mick Jagger of Pinoy Rock bands...Kamikazee. I mean, no one doesn't know how the vocalist, Jay, literally moves like Jagger (LOL). He even got a kiss from one of the Tanduay promo girls. His music last night was really fitting my feelings well.

Wolfgang came last for the tour. Sad to say that many folks have already left after Kamikazee finished playing, probably because Wolfgang was very much unknown to them. But actually, the said band already stayed in the airwaves for a long long time - even during the 90's when they got awards from ABC5. They're the silent legend, and they are kind of like the "Rage Against the Machine" of the Philippines.


The show probably ended at around 1 PM but we already left after Wolf's 2nd song due to...safety reasons. Overall, it was a pretty awesome show, and here is what I want to tell you about it in three words:

I REGRET NOTHING. :)

No comments: