Monday, March 28, 2011

Sucker Punch: The Cry for Freedom.

Let me warn you first: This is one hell of an awesome movie for me, no matter what you think. It's up to you. :D

First of all, Sucker Punch is something to learn from for people who are losing hope in this world or are suffering badly (like me :D). It defies all harsh reality and creates an alternate universe where everything is possible. In watching that movie, everything made sense.

The movie's protagonist, Baby Doll, was requested to collect five items to be free.

1. Map. The map symbolizes our mission; what we want to aim for, where we want to go, and the way to go there. In any RPG or video game, you would get lost without a map. It's the same as you'll get lost if you don't know where you will go in reality. For me, a map is like a college course.

2. Fire. It is something that drives you to fight. It ignites your soul, pushing you forward against all odds. It's what you would want to show to the world, not just to gain momentum, but to express yourself and who you are. For me, fire is like emotions that drive physical and mental talents like singing and dancing.

3. Knife. It is something you use to defend yourself and attack your enemies. It is your means of fighting and surviving an almost Godless world. It is something you either use for good or bad. For me, a knife is like your own talents and abilities in any kind of field.

4. Key. The key is very important, as it unlocks the next stage or a box of a rare item. It will get you to places never been seen nor heard. For me, a key is like a final exam, a resume for a job, or transcript of records/diploma.

5.The mysterious object (you'll have to watch the movie to find out). It is something you can only discover on your own. And when you do, you'll find true freedom.

Do you know why I cried when I watched the movie? Because I can relate to it so much. Baby Doll is like me, trying to escape a harsh reality by struggling to create an imaginative world inside her head to be free of the suffering. I say it's not a bad thing. Everyone of us has a weakness. The world is as damn unfair as it can get these days. Sometimes, we will need all the help we can get. And that help could just come right out of our own minds.

"You control this world." That's right. Everything that makes you suffer in pain, kill them with your mind. Because in the end, the only person who could help you in the worst possible time is yourself.

As for me, I feel like I have the right imagination, the right friends, the right super powers, weapons, etc. All I needed to do was to fight for what I, or should I say we, believe in.

Make a stand for your own perception of life. Let no one destroy you, for you are yourself and no one else.

Now...FIGHT! :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kristel Ann "Kazaki" Cuadra
2011.03.28

No comments: